of Leaders Cursillo School
Leader School Meeting Date: Every thrid Friday
Venue: St. Bernard Clarveux, Rte 22, Bridgewater, New Jersey (908) xxx-xxxx
Contace Bela Gombar with questions: (908) 647-2840 firstname.lastname@example.org
All Cursillistas are welcomed and encouraged to come.
The Metuchen School of Leaders is formed to set the Culture and Spirituality of Cursillo in the Metuchen Diocese as we bring the movement to other churches across the Diocese.
The Cursillo School of Leaders (CSOL) like a school of fish is designed to be spiritual and technical nourishment for those called to be leaders within the Cursillo movement and for those who wish to learn more about the movement (Pre-Cursillo, Cursillo, Post-Cursillo) and to grow on their spiritual journey.
The mission of Cursillo aligns itself with the mission of the Church. We each are called to evangelize our environments...to spread the Good News.
CSOL is an excellent opportunity to grow as Church leaders, to refine our skills as apostles, and to learn how to effectively live out the purpose, strategy, and method of the Cursillo Movement within the Church. The effectiveness, vibrancy, and success of our movement depend on committed, enthusiastic, spiritually formed and knowledgeable leaders. You are strongly encouraged to come! The only way you will know if it is for you is to experience what is being offered...so come share your
Be challenged to "come and see" for yourself. Please come and join us each monthas we explore our movement as it relates to the Church. Remember the statement from the Laity Talk: "I am the Church...You are the Church...We are the Church." The
Cursillo Movement was and is designed to carry out the missionof the Church...tobring Jesus Christ to the world. Come, Taste and See!!!
School of Leaders
In an effort to "demystify" Leaders' School and demonstrate that it is for all 4th-Dayers--i.e., user-friendly to all.
Intended to bring more 4th-Dayers to Leaders' School to "sample" what it is really all about, it works as follows: each session of Leaders’ School will "feature" a different Spiritual Topic being especially welcomed to Leaders' School. It is hoped that people from the Meutchen Cursillo Parishes will come en masse to St. James for their special welcome, to witness firsthand the warmth, welcoming nature, spiritual encouragement, and servant-orientation of Leaders' School, and so become part of its mission.
Please come and join your fellow Cursillistas as we try to reach out for Christ.
Purpose of The
School of Leaders
A business, organization, or in our case the Cursillo movement, is only as good as its leaders. As the Leaders Manual states, "The School of Leader's, like a school of fish, is the gathering together of leaders (or fish). The School is designed to accentuate the Cursillo Movement..." Leaders Manual
You don't have to be a leader to attend. Leadership is a trait that you can learn and the
From the Leaders Manual, the
- Study and prioritize the various environments within the diocese;
- Determine the influential (key) people within those environments;
- Assist other cursillistas in determining key people within their own environments;
- Prepare those Cursillo leaders that will have the responsibility of leading the candidates through their three-day experience;
- Channel the restlessness of all those who have made Cursillo into a progressive state of conversion;
- Establish, help to sustain, test and encourage all the Group Reunions;
- Establish teams to prepare for and perfect the Ultreyas;
- Introduce people from the Precursillo into the Postcursillo by means of the Three Days, and;
- Insure the authenticity and integrity of the Cursillo Movement is maintained throughout all three phases (Precursillo, 3-Days weekend, and Postcursillo).